Swirlpool Serving Board
Custom. One of a Kind serving board
This board is as lovely as it is substantial. Hand-crafted with an extra thick, rich cherry wood that is accented with an extraordinary application of green epoxy that formed into a pattern resembling a swirling pool of water. Because the wood was so thick, after two pouring’s, Gregg was able to sand a round depression to add two more layers of epoxy to create the effect of a swirling pool. Perfect for serving or as a decorative piece.
This is truly a one of kind art piece. The process of adding epoxy to create the desired effect is rather finicky, adding a higher level of difficulty to the process. In this case in particular, the epoxy effect cannot be duplicated.
- Handcrafted and food safe.
- Wood is hand selected cherry and FDA Food Grade Compliant Epoxy.
- Distinctive woods. But we NEVER use endangered species.
- Process: Wood is precision cut to size and placed in custom mold. Epoxy is mixed to desired colors and translucence, then poured. During the first 6 hours, remove micro air bubbles that develop. After 12 hours, board is removed from mold, a round depression sanded out and two more layers of epoxy added to create the swirling pool. Last steps start with trimming to size. Then the important process of sanding, polishing, sealing. Rough sanded four times. Epoxy is further wet sanded three times ending with three polishing’s and three coats of food safe sealer to protect the board and give a sheen.
- The entire process took approximately 7 days to complete.
- 14.5” x 9.25 x 1.5”.
- For serving or decorative purposes only. Knives or sharp utensils should not be used on this board.
- NOT dishwasher safe.
Only 1 left in stock