Stripes Serving and Cutting Board
One of a Kind. Two boards in one. Serving and Cutting board.
This lovely all wood board performs double duty. One side acts as a serving/presentation board while the other side is suitable for cutting/preparation. As a serving/presentation board, this side is a beautiful arrangement of carefully selected, precision cut, high quality, durable hardwoods. The other side is constructed with strong, durable maple hardwood for cutting with one end displaying the same stripe of exotic hardwoods as the presentation side.
The woods used include.
Redheart. An exotic tropical hardwood, pink to red in color with a fine, even texture.
Yellowheart. An exotic tropical hardwood, light golden in color, fine texture with high luster.
Zebrawood. Strong exotic hardwood, pale cream color with distinct brown to black lines throughout.
Walnut. High-grade hardwood, dark rich brown color, fine and straight grain.
Maple. Strong, high-grade hardwood, creamy color sometimes with a reddish or golden hue, smooth grain.
- Handcrafted and food safe.
- Distinctive woods. But we NEVER use endangered species.
- Treated with 12 coats of food safe mineral oils, Howard conditioner, and wax to protect the wood.
- Process: Board is built in five steps. Decorative side is precision cut and assembled. Working side is cut and assembled. The two sides are bound together. Ends are applied to the finished halves. Finishes applied over several days. The striped end was particularly difficult in this case because it is a mirror of the board stripes.
- Finished size: generous 17.75” x 9.25”x 1.5”.
- Future light touchup with Howard Conditioner is recommended.
- Do not soak in water. NOT dishwasher safe.
- Clean with a damp cloth and renew the conditioner whenever the wood looks “dry”
Only 1 left in stock