Royal Claro Serving Board
Custom. One of a Kind serving board.
Gorgeous! This great multi-tasker will be as much a stunning serving board as it will be a beautiful accent piece or wall art in your home. A unique board, crafted from a hand selected, hefty piece of Claro Walnut Burl and finished with varying shades of deep, jewel-like amethyst, blue and charcoal gray. Random spots of sparkle add to the overall beauty making this a genuinely one-of-a-kind art piece.
Wood used: Claro Walnut burl. This wood is an important American exotic tree native to the upper Sacramento River basin and known for its deep rich color and intense graining.
The process of adding epoxy to such a thick piece of wood, and create the desired effect, is rather finicky, adding a higher level of difficulty to the process.
- Handcrafted and food safe.
- Made of hand selected exotic Claro Walnut Burl and FDA Food Grade Compliant Epoxy.
- Distinctive woods. But we NEVER use endangered species.
- Process: Wood is precision cut to size and placed in custom made mold. Epoxy is mixed to desired colors and translucence, then poured. During the first 6 hours, remove micro air bubbles that develop. After 36 hours, board is removed from mold and sits for 4 additional days to fully cure. Rushing this step and not allowing epoxy to fully cure results in a damaged, unusable board. Last steps start with trimming to size. Then the important process of sanding, polishing, sealing. Rough sanded four times. Epoxy is further wet sanded three times ending with three polishing’s and three coats of food safe sealer to protect the board and give a sheen and create a unique one-of-a-kind addition to your home.
- The entire process took 7 days to complete.
- 12.5” x 9.75 x 1.5”.
- For serving or decorative purposes only. Knives or sharp utensils should not be used on this board.
- NOT dishwasher safe.
Only 1 left in stock